Friday, October 17, 2008

LOVE YOU, MOM!

my new little niece, Sierra (Tori and Steve's)
My wonderful mother traveled so far to spend a couple days with me in between her visits with my 2 sisiter who just had babies. I thought that was so kind of her to take the time to do that.
first stop, pedicures then out to lunch my mom and Addie by the beautiful changing colors of autumn
seeing the new templeMy kids sure got attached to her very quickly. They couldn't get enough of her little action songs. It was fun to hear her sing them to my kids, they were the same ones she used to sing to me and my sibilings.
I have been wanting for some time now to see how far back I could trace my mothers line. With the help of my mom I have record of my mothers, mothers, mothers, mothers, mother. I think this would be neat to pass this onto my daughters who can keep passing it onto their daughters. Anyway, an extra special find was when we went searching cemetary's and found my 4th great grandma, Ruth Pack. We noticed that she had been honored with an honorary pioneer plaque on her headstone. It was a very solemn moment to stand by her grave and think of the sacrifices that she made which have been carried on so that I can enjoy the blessings that I have today.
I've got to hand it to all mothers, who sacrifice so much for their children so that they may have a happy life, thank you mom, I have been richly blessed to have you for my mother!


5 comments:

Corrine said...

what a sweet tribute to your mother! Mothers really are blessings... wish I had realized it while I was young. ;)

MZB said...

Very sweet lynn, I can see the resemblance

Dacia said...

Mom's are the best!

Lewis Family said...

So fun to see pictures of Mom with your family! Was that cemetary just right there in Rexburg? I'd love to hear more about that.

jon and kir said...

Grandma's are the best! My kids count the days till we see my mom or Nana!